By: Peyton Gelinger/ sophomore writer
Are you or anyone you know planning on going to college? Until March 24, you can apply for a scholarship through the guidance office or online through the Community Foundation website. The website was opened for the specific reason of helping students in our area find scholarship information and applications online. Scholarships can be very helpful for saving money to go to college, help you get into college, or help out with student loans in the future.
The scholarships available that Blue Ridge seniors can apply to include:
- David Hwang Memorial Scholarship
- Donley Family Memorial Scholarship
- Ferdinand Graf Memorial Scholarship
- Gil Depew Memorial Scholarship
- Kermit VanCott Hortilculture Scholarship
- Margaret Stone Music Scholarship
- Andrew M. Snitzer Memorial Scholarship
- Matthew Van Fleet Memorial Automotive Scholarship
- Montrose Area Chamber of Commerce Pauline MacNeal Memorial Scholarship
- R.E.S.C.U.E. Bengerman B. Stone Memorial Scholarship
- Tomas Coanty Memorial Scholarship
- Bradley Davis Conklin Memorial scholarship
- Cindi Conaty Memorial Scholarship
- Cody Albert Memorial Scholarship
- Meshoppen Creak Scholarship
- Audrey R & J Melven Kelly Memorial Scholarship
- Susquehanna County Township Officials Association Scholarship
- Vince Wojnar Memorial Scholarship
If you are interested in applying to any of these scholarships, check out: https://app.smarterselect.com/matching/496/result_page?layout=single_column.
Blue Ridge student, William Clauson, has also created his own scholarship for Blue Ridge students called Will Power. You can purchase a t-shirt for $20.00 in the main office or donate to: http://communityfoundation.org/
All of the money raised will go towards the scholarship recipient. The scholarship is to honor the impact that William had on the Blue Ridge School District to reward a student that emulates the same spirit, character, and will power that Clauson has shown to achieve their goal.